Looking for a budget friendly infrared grill that is great for the beginner griller? Check out these popular infrared grills!
1) Charbroil Char-Broil Infrared 2-Burner Gas Grill | 2) Char-Griller 3001 Grillin’ Pro 40,800-BTU Gas Grill | 3) Char-Broil Infrared 500 Cabinet Gas Grill | 4) Char-Broil SmartChef 420 TRU-InfraRed Gas Grill | 5) Blaze BLZ-5NG 40″ Natural Gas Grill | 6) Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Grill2Go Gas Grill | 7) Bull Outdoor Products 18248 Infrared Back Burner | 8) Charcoal Legacy Built In Grill | 9) Char-Broil Performance TRU Infrared 300 Gas Grill | 10) Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Kettleman Charcoal Grill | 11) Char-Broil Signature TRU Infrared Gas Grill | 12) Char-Broil TRU Infrared Bistro 360 Gas Grill | 13) Char-Broil TRU Infrared 180 Grill | 14) Char-Broil TRU Infrared 2-Burner Gas Grill | 15) Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Electric Grill, Red | 16) Nexgrill 62,000 BTU Total Propane Gas Grill | 17) Char-Broil TRU Infrared 450 Cart Gas Grill | 18) Solaire 27-Inch Deluxe Infrared Propane Grill | 19) Char Broil 17602046 TRU Infrared Electric Grill | 20) Char-Broil TRU Infrared 180 Portable Gas Grill | 21) Delta Heat DHBQ32RSCN Gas Grill with Infrared | 22) Solaire Infrared Propane Gas Grill | 23) Solaire SOL-IR17BWR Infrared Gas Grill | 24) Tec GSport Fr Portable Infrared Gas Grill | 25) Solaire SOL-IR8A Infrared Propane Gas Grill | 26) Weber Summit 7370001 S-670 Gas Grill |
Types of Infrared Burner Systems
Nowadays, there are several different brands that make infrared gas grills, but they don’t all utilize the same cooking system, so it is important to understand that you will not get the same results just because a grill is infrared.
Ceramic Infrared Burner System
- Ceramic infrared burner systems feature a stainless steel burner topped with a ceramic surface, with the cooking grid sitting a few inches above the burner surface. This ceramic surface produces many tiny flames that get extremely hot (1400 – 1600 degrees), quickly and and evenly.
- Cooking Surface Temperature Range of roughly 600-1000 degrees. The direct flame access of the food drippings to these burners may cause some small, quick flare ups, which some folks prefer for the flame-kiss charring.
- Solaire, Alfresco, and Fire Magic are the top brands that feature a ceramic infrared burner system.
Lynx ProSear 2 Ceramic Infrared Burner System
- The Lynx ProSear 2 infrared burner, found on Lynx Professional Series gas grills, is an infrared game changer. The ProSear 2 uses ceramic infrared technology in a new way. The burners trident-shaped design offers more searing area than other infrared burners.
- Cooking Surface Temperature Range is roughly 300-1,000 degrees. Traditionally, ceramic infrared burners are known for only being capable of reaching ridiculously high temperatures, but the ProSear 2 has the capability of dialing down temperatures for cooking delicate items, or cranking up the heat for intense searing.
- Lynx ProSear 2 is offered in multiple configurations within Lynx Grills, giving you the ability to choose a hybrid (infrared and traditional) Lynx grill or an an all-infrared Lynx grill.
TEC Stainless Steel IR Burner & Radiant Glass Panel System
- TEC reinvented the infrared burner system again when they introduced a stainless steel infrared burner, topped with stainless mesh instead of ceramic, and a glass panel that sits directly atop the burner, with the cooking grid sitting directly atop the glass panel.
- Cooking Surface Temperature Range of roughly 350-850 degrees. This system provides incredibly even heat distribution and virtually no flare ups.
- You’ll find TEC’s Stainless Steel IR Burner & Radiant Glass Panel System featured in TEC Sterling FR, Sterling G FR, and Cherokee FR grills.
TEC Stainless Steel Conversion Burner & Radiant Glass Panel System
- TEC’s best system yet! This system features the cooking grid sitting directly atop a radiant glass panel, over a stainless steel burner that is more durable and more versatile than TEC’s IR burner.
- Cooking Surface Temperature Range on TEC’s Patio FR is an impressive 200-900 degrees, and is able to reach even lower temperatures using TEC Patio FR’s smoker/roaster accessory. TEC’s G-Sport FR’s cooking surface temperature range is 250-850 degrees, and is also able to reach even lower temperatures using its smoker/roaster accessory. This system provides incredibly even heat distribution and virtually no flare ups.
- You’ll find TEC’s Stainless Steel IR Burner & Radiant Glass Panel System featured in TEC Patio FR and G-Sport FR.
Stainless Steel Tube Burner & Metal Heat Emitter System
- This infrared system, found on the entry level infrared grills, features a stainless steel tube burner, like those found on traditional entry level grills, with a metal heat emitter panel sitting over the burner and the cooking grid sitting directly atop the emitter panel.
- Cooking Surface Temperature Range of roughly 300-650 degrees. The pipe burners produce less heat than the high end infrared systems, which makes for different results than the precise, high searing heat most people equate with infrared. This system provides good even heat distribution and virtually no flare ups.
- You’ll find this style of infrared system on grill brands such as Charbroil and Saber, with Saber featuring some 304 series stainless steel construction.