There are 16 of the best black coffee tables that I reviewed for you, enjoy!
1) Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Marimon Coffee Table | 2) Deco 79 55743 Wood Leather Coffee Table, 40″ x 21″ | 3) Ave Six OSP Furniture Merge Round Coffee Table | 4) HomCom 43″ Modern Lift-Top Coffee Table | 5) Dorel Living Faux Marble Lift Top Storage Coffee Table | 6) Sauder Soft Modern Round Coffee Table | 7) Yaheetech 2 Tier U-Shaped Black Sofa Snack Table Tray, Table | 8) Mid-Century Modern Paint-dipped Round Shaped Spindle Coffee Table | 9) Cortesi Home Remini Coffee Table | 10) Nexera Tuxedo Coffee Table 200706 | 11) Ameriwood Home Carson Coffee Table | 12) Fab Glass and Mirror Stylish Coffee Table | 13) Southern Enterprises Hayden Cocktail Storage Trunk Table | 14) Winsome Wood Black Coffee Table | 15) IKEA Lack Coffee Table | 16) ioHOMES Chase Coffee Table, Black |
Types of Coffee Tables
Simple Coffee Tables
A coffee table can be a square, circular, oval, or almost any other shape as long as it’s proportionate to the seats and sofas that surround it. That said, the most common type of coffee table features a rectangular surface that measures about 30 inches across and 40-48 inches long. The main consideration in choosing a size to ensure it matches the size of your sofa i.e. long enough to be reached from all seats.
Kid and Pet-Friendly Coffee Tables
A coffee table offers toddlers a great balance aid when learning learning to walk, but the sharp corners can cause bruises and injuries. Consider a round or oval table, or add foam bumpers to all corners. Kids and pets alike have a habit of gnawing on things they shouldn’t.
If either is present in your home, avoid painted wood tables which can flake or peel when chewed on. Bigger kids and bigger pets pose a different kind of hazard. If rambunctious play is common, remember that glass or stone tables can chip or even shatter.
Upholstered Coffee Tables
Large upholstered coffee tables can impart a more relaxed look to a room, enticing guests to put their feet up. It can also serve to match your chair and sofa upholstery. The surface may be fabric or leather, taut or tufted, whichever best suits the room and your personal taste.
Some upholstered coffee tables can be quite elegant, with carved legs, high-end fabric, and trimmings such as nail head or fringe. Serving food and drinks can still be done easily via trays or other hard surfaces.
Specialty Coffee Tables
Specialty coffee tables are unique because they have additional built-in concepts or abilities. A chess board painted on the surface may suit a den or games room. A rising top can turn your coffee table into an eating or work surface. Some outdoor models even contain a small propane fire pit.
Coffee Table Buying Tips
- The ideal coffee table height should generally be level with the seat cushions of your sofa and other furniture
- Try to keep two to three feet between your coffee table and surrounding furniture
- A coffee table should generally not be more than two-thirds the length of your sofa
- If you’re going to use it often, a glass or heavy lacquer tabletop will be the easiest to clean
- In a home with small children, choose a soft-top table or one that is round, i.e. without sharp edges
- Corner guards are available for coffee tables with square edges