I’ve rounded up 20 living room sofa in a variety of styles. And best of all, they’re all under 1000 bucks.
1) Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Hannin Sleeper Sofa | 2) Ashley Zeb 3590139 82″ Pull-Out Sofa | 3) Broyhill Zachary Sofa | 4) Classic Modern Scroll Arm Velvet large Sofa | 5) Classic Two Tone Leather Living Room Sofa | 6) Divano Roma Furniture Chesterfield Style Sofa | 7) Global Furniture Leather Matching Sofa | 8) HERCULES Lesley Series Leather Loveseat | 9) Homelegance 2 Piece Accent Sectional Sofa | 10) Homelegance 9668BRW-2 Reclining Loveseat | 11) Homelegance Double Reclining Sofa | 12) Homelegance St. Claire Traditional Style Sofa | 13) Modway Empress Upholstered Sofa | 14) Modway Engage Upholstered Sofa | 15) Poundex F7769 Bobkona Cady Bonded Leather | 16) Signature Design by Ashley Sofa | 17) Poundex F7859 Bobkona Leather | 18) Signature Sleep 2152007 Faux Leather Sofa | 19) Welsh Chocolate Fabric Sectional Sofa | 20) White Aspen Leather Loveseat |
Purchasing Living Room Furniture
There are a number of practical considerations to bear in mind when shopping for furniture for your living room:
- Measure the space and the entries to your home carefully.
- Match new furniture with the colours and style of furniture you already own.
- Consider how you intend to use your living space. If you plan to use it to house overnight guests, for example, you may benefit from a sofa bed.
- Choose furniture that matches your lifestyle. If you have a young family, for example, avoid light-coloured upholstery and glass table tops.
- Clutter can make a room look smaller. Keep an eye out for the likes of TV stands with cable management systems that keep wires hidden from view.
Types of Living Room Furniture
For many of us, the lounge is our first port of call when we walk through the door. Given how often they are used, it’s important to weigh up the options before choosing.
- Lounges are usually sold according to how many people they can seat comfortably. If you like to entertain, consider opting for a sofa with as many seats as possible.
- Modular lounges come in parts that can be put together or used independently. This is ideal for anyone with an irregular shaped room and for those who need a flexible seating arrangement.
- If you like to stretch out when you are on the couch, consider a lounge with a chaise so you don’t have to lie across anyone to get comfortable.
Recliner chairs and lounges are ideal for anyone who takes their downtime seriously. Kick-back into a reclined seating position for unparalleled comfort and the perfect TV viewing angle.
- Recliner chairs and sofas are available with and without built-in foot rests that support your feet when you recline. Expect to pay a premium for the extra support.
- Recliners feature either an electric mechanism that gets you into position at the push of a button or a manual mechanism that adjusts using your body weight.
- Some recliner chairs even offer a two-way tilt that helps users get to their feet when exiting the chair. These are ideal for anyone with movement difficulties.
Sofa beds are ideal for anyone who lives in smaller accommodation as they allow you to put up guests without the need for an extra bedroom.
- Most sofa beds come with a foam mattress, which is more than adequate for occasional use. If you have a larger budget, consider one with a sprung mattress for extra comfort.
- There are two main types of sofa bed: sofa beds that fold down to form a mattress and pull-out sofa beds that contain a frame and mattress within the sofa base.
- Sofa beds tend to be heavier and more expensive than traditional sofas but they more than make up for this in terms of versatility.