A sectional sofa is a seating arrangement of different pieces of furniture that people use separately or together. The pieces vary in style and function, and may include such pieces as armchairs, recliners, loveseats, corner chairs, chaise lounges, or ottomans.
Various furniture pieces fit together to provide seating that accommodates large families or several guests. Buyers can review the top sectional sofa styles to determine which one best suits their needs. We found 32 picks that effortlessly combine form with function.
- Magari Furniture MA112-3 Mid Century Loft Button Tufted Sofa Couch, Beige
- Palms Modular Sectional 3-seater Sofa – Black
- Classic Scroll Arm Tufted Bonded Leather Chesterfield 2 Seater Loveseat (Black) by Divano Roma Furniture
- TOV Furniture The Aviator Collection Modern Velvet Upholstered Living Room Sofa with Lucite Legs, Navy
- Lazzaro Leather WH-1317-31-32-9011B Anna Collection Leather Sofa Sectional, Buckeye
- Modern Two Tone Fabric and Bonded Leather Living Room Sofa and Loveseat (Sofa)
- PATIOROMA 6pc Outdoor Rattan Sectional Furniture Set with Light Brown Seat and Back Cushions, Red Throw Pillows, Aluminum Frame, Dark Gray PE Wicker (6 Pieces-2)
- TOV Furniture The Bryn Collection Modern Style Velvet Upholstered Living Room Sofa, Grey
- H&L Patio 6PCS Rattan Wicker Sofa Set Outdoor Garden Furniture Cushioned Sofa Set with Ottoman Black,No Assembly Required
- Maui Patio Furniture 5 Piece L Shaped Outdoor Wicker Sectional Sofa Set (Grey / Silver)
- Riviera Positano Outdoor Patio Furniture Wicker 4 Piece Semicircular Sectional Sofa Seating Set w/ Waterproof Cushions (Standard Ottoman, Navy Blue)
- Homelegance Double Reclining Sofa, Brown Bonded Leather
- Wynn Black Leather Sectional Sofa with Adjustable Headrests – Right Chaise
- Gordon Tufted Sofa, 32″Hx91″Wx38″D, NATURAL LINEN
- Hanover METRO6PCFP-TAN-A Metropolitan 6 Piece Fire Pit Lounge Set, Sahara Sand
- Modern Contemporary Polyfiber Fabric Modular Sectional Sofa and Ottoman Set (Red)
- Poundex F7859 Bobkona Parrish Bonded Leather Left or Right Hand Reversible Sectional, Espresso
- Outdoor Patio Furniture Sofa Sectional Wicker Round Resin Couch Set TAN126-2
- Signature Design by Ashley Larkinhurst Sofa, Earth
- The Cotton Manstad Cover Replacement Is Custom Made For Ikea Manstad Sofa Bed with Chaise Sectional Cover, Or Corner Slipcover (Right ARM Longer, light gray)
- Flash Furniture ZB-IMAG-SECT-SET10-GG 6 Pieces Hercules Imagination Series Black Leather Sectional Configuration
- Wicker Furniture Set 5-12 Pcs Patio PE Rattan Sectional Sofa Brown (5(B)pcs)
- Best Choice Products Patio Furniture 6-Piece Wicker Sectional Sofa Set W/ Corner Coffee Table- Brown
- Outsunny 4-Piece Cushioned Outdoor Rattan Wicker Sofa Sectional Patio Furniture Set
- Coaster Gus 501677 98″ Sectional Sofa with Pull Out Bed Chaise Kiln Dried Hardwood Frame Sinuous Spring Base Track Arms Plush Cushions and Fabric Upholstery in Black
- Furniture of America Charlton Contemporary Corner Sectional with Pull-Out Sleeper, Gray
- Modern 2 Tone Modular / Convertible Sleeper (Purple / Beige)
- Serta RTA Palisades Collection 78″ Sofa in Riverfront Brown
- Flash Furniture Benchcraft Maier Sectional with Right Side Facing Chaise in Microfiber, Walnut
- Elegant Grey Three Seats Sofa Cushion cover, 215 By 300CM
- Classic Scroll Arm Tufted Bonded Leather Chesterfield 2 Seater Loveseat (White) by Divano Roma Furniture
- Baxton Studio Orland Leather Modern Sectional Sofa Set with Left Facing Chaise, White
Sectional Sofa Designs
These sectionals can be found in any sort of configuration. Stationary sectionals are simply those that have no added features and no moving parts. Though they cannot be reconfigured, some can be detached for transport. Check individual specifications for details on whether the sectional is a solid piece or interlocking.
When a sofa is described as reclining, it means at least one or more of the seats recline. Check the specifications of the individual sectional for details on exactly how many and which seats are reclining seats.
Modular sectional sofas are made up of individual pieces that can be arranged and rearranged according to the desired layout. These are the most versatile of all the sectionals, as they allow you to configure your own sectional. For those needing extra long sectionals or a specific setup not normally found, modular sofas are the best bet.
Sleeper sectionals are those that come with a pull out, folding bed frame and mattress that can be stored within the sofa itself when not in use.
- Convertible Sectionals
These sectionals can convert from a couch to a flat surface that can be used as a bed. The sofa cushions themselves act as the mattress.
What to Consider When Shopping for a Sectional
- The number of people you would like to accommodate.
Sectionals can accommodate large groups of people. The more people a sofa can seat, the bigger it will be. Consider the dimensions of your space and the number of people you want to seat before purchasing.
- What purpose your sectional will mainly serve.
Do you need a sectional for entertaining at parties, or watching the big game? This will determine if you need your sectional to face mainly the same direction toward a television or toward each other for conversation.
Do you need your sectional to convert to a sleeper for company? Would you like the ability to rearrange and reconfigure your sectional at a later date? Considering its main use will better equip you to choose the sectional that will best meet your needs.
- The size and shape of your space.
While a sectional is indeed a great way to maximize seating in a small space, there still should be enough space to navigate. Measure your room to ensure there is enough clearance room for guests to manoeuvre. The most important measurements are the length of the sectional itself and the span of the chaise, if any.
Additionally, consider whether a curved, L-, or U- shaped sectional is preferable in your space. For small areas, a flat-backed sofa may offer the most floor room. A curved sofa, alternatively, is ideal for separating spaces or creating an intimate seating area. For more help measuring your space take a look at our guide, How To Measure for a Sectional Sofa.
- Fabric and durability.
Just like any other sofa, choosing the correct fabric is very important. Especially for sectionals, as they are often for families or entertaining, you may want to consider a darker or stain-resistant fabric. For more advice on fabric take a look at our Home Fabrics Guide.