Living room chairs add comfort and also a sense of modernity in our homes. However, there are different categories of living room chairs. Such include recliners, club chairs, accent chairs, chaise lounges and glider chairs. Having a variety to choose from may leave us in and a state of mayhem trying to have the best. Fortunately, we are going to explore a collection of the top 32 best living room chairs in 2017 reviews.
1) Linon Coco Accent Chair | 2) Giantex Leisure Arm Chair | 3) Ashley Furniture Signature Design – Honnally Accent Chair | 4) Giantex Deco Solids Accent Chair | 5) Office Star Main Street Guest Chair | 6) DHP 2043009 Emily Chair | 7) Dorel Living Rolled Top Club Chair | 8) Contemporary Style Wooden Legs Accent Chair | 9) Modern Barrel Chair | 10) Bonded Leather Recliner and Ottoman | 11) Madison Park Garbo Captains Dining Chair | 12) Giantex PU Leather Recliner Chair | 13) Ikea Poang Chair | 14) Dorel Living Elegant Faux Leather Club Chair | 15) Target Marketing Systems Modern Cross Back Chair | 16) Kebo Chair, Black and White | 17) Homelegance Charisma Accent Chair | 18) Giantex Modern Upholstered Occasional Chair | 19) Giantex Oversized Saucer Moon Chair | 20) Eames Rocking Chair White Replica | 21) Simpli Home Hayworth Accent Chair | 22) Modern Barrel Chair | 23) Classic Scroll Arm Velvet Accent Chair | 24) Giantex Modern Upholstered Accent Occasional Chair | 25) Homelegance 468F25S Lounge Chair | 26) Dorel Living Rolled Top Club Chair | 27) DHP 2043109 Emily Chair | 28) Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider | 29) Living Room Club Chair, Home’s Arts | 30) Simpli Home Cosmoplitan Deluxe Chairs | 31) Living Room Chair, Home’s Arts | 32) DHP Emily Linen Chaise Lounger |
When you are updating your living room furniture, you want to choose pieces that are not only comfortable and stylish, you want furniture you’ll enjoy spending time on with your family and friends.
What You Need to Know
A sofa isn’t the only seating you need in your living room–you need a few chairs, as well. Adding chairs to the room gives dimension to your furniture design, and it helps you create conversation areas.
Before choosing your living room chairs or any furniture for that matter–measure the room, particularly the spot where you are planning on placing your chairs. You’ll want to make sure the chairs you choose not only fit into the spot, but also allow walking room around them. Make sure, as well, that the chairs won’t feel too small for the room or your sofa.
Living Room Chairs Buying Tips
You’ll want to find a chair that goes with your sofa, but you don’t have to find an exact match. Coordinating the color or style between your sofa and chair will make your living room look like a decorator chose them for you. Sticking to furniture pieces that are influenced by a similar time period can help pull your living room together, too.
Think about how you’ll be using your living room chairs. If your living room is a more formal room, used only on special occasions, look for chairs with more upright backs. If your living room is a casual gathering place, look for chairs that are meant for lounging, such as recliners.
Leather living room chairs add a classic style to your home. Not only that, a leather chair is one of the most durable chairs you will ever have. Leather chairs scuff and wear naturally, which adds beauty to the look. That said, leather is a natural material and requires some care. Here are a few maintenance tips to ensure your leather chair will last for many years:
- Clean your leather chair regularly with a commercial leather-cleaning product. Use a soft cloth and only wipe in one direction. Regularly vacuum behind the seat cushion.
- Rub light scratches with a chamois cloth to buff them away.
- Wipe up any spills immediately to prevent marks. If a spill is not noticed right away, wipe the stain with a clean cloth lightly dampened with distilled water.
- Keep leather chairs out of direct sunlight and away from heat sources to prevent sun-bleaching, cracking and brittleness.
- Once or twice a year, use a leather conditioner to maintain the suppleness of your leather chair.
Leather chairs come in a variety of styles, including arm chairs, recliners and club chairs. The leather club chair originated in late nineteenth-century men’s clubs.
While you don’t have to be a man to enjoy a leather club chair, you will give a classic, masculine feel to your living room or office when you add a leather club chair because of its historical origins. Leather club chairs feature armrests and, in traditional designs, low backs level with the arm rests. Adding a matching leather ottoman is recommended, but the cigar is optional.
Fabric living room chairs are available in many colors and patterns. If you want something casual or colorful, fabric chairs may be the choice for you.
Since you’ll be spending a lot of time in your chairs, consider an upholstered arm chair. Another option is a wing chair. With its tall back, arm rests and winged sides, the wing chair was originally designed to protect from drafts but now lends a dramatic, old-world look to your living room.
Whatever shape of chair you choose, a fabric chair will be a place where you’ll want to spend a lot of time. Here are some ideas for extending the life of your fabric chairs:
- Vacuum your fabric chairs before there is visible dirt. Once you can see the dirt, it may already be ground into the fabric.
- Most upholstery fabrics are designed to be durable and cleanable. Check your manufacturer’s guide to see if the particular fabric you have requires special cleaning.
- Some chair cushions can be turned over regularly to extend their life. Turning a chair cushion is not a substitute for cleaning your chair, though.
- If you are concerned about staining, consider using a spray treatment to protect the upholstery on your fabric chair. These protectors don’t prevent all stains but can give you more time to clean up a spill. Test the spray on a hidden part of the fabric before using it on the whole chair to check that it doesn’t affect the color.