One of the best parts of summer is outdoor barbecues. Not only is grilling one of the easiest ways to cook, but it’s also healthier in many cases. Grilled chicken is juicy and delicious, and it has a fraction of the fat content of fried chicken, for example. However, there are many times when you’re not able to use your outdoor grill. If it’s very windy, cold, snowy, or rainy, grilling is nearly impossible.
You may also be prohibited from grilling if you live in an apartment or condo, it’s banned by your HOA, or you just don’t have the space for a grill outside. If you have a craving for grilled meats or vegetables but you just can’t get outdoors, bring the taste inside with an indoor grill.
- Westinghouse WIG1RA Select Series Red Indoor Grill
- Oster CKSTPM6001-ECO Extra Large DuraCeramic Panini Maker and Indoor Grill
- Cuisinart CGG-501 Gourmet Two Burner Gas Griddle
- George Foreman GRP1001BP 6-Serving Removable Plate Grill, Black
- George Foreman GGR50B 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill, Silver
- Hamilton Beach 25219 HealthSmart Contact Grill, White
- NutriChef Electric Fish Grill roaster oven Grilling Indoor and Outdoor Tabletop Use For Fish Meat Chicken , With Removable and Dishwasher Safe Griddle, Gold (PKFG16)
- Hamilton Beach 25331 Super Sear 100-Square-Inch Nonstick Indoor Searing Grill
- Hamilton Beach 25371 Indoor Grill, Silver
- Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
- George Foreman GRP99 Next Generation Grill with Nonstick Removable Plates, Silver/Black
- MaxiMatic EGL-3450GD Elite Cuisine 13-Inch Countertop Non-Stick Electric Indoor Grill, Black
- George Foreman GR136B 2-Serving Classic Plate Grill and Pannini Press, Black
- Gourmia GDG1900 Digital Dual Indoor Grill, Folds for Double Sided Steak Grilling, 10 in 1 Grill & Cook System, Expanded Accessory Kit Includes Grilling Basket,Kebab Rack & More, Free Recipe Book,110v
- Hamilton Beach 25360 Indoor Flavor/Searing Grill
- Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler, Silver, Black Dials
- Lysport Carbon Steel Stovetop Grill Smoker Set
- Chef’s Secret Non-Stick Aluminum Indoor Stovetop Grill with Stainless Steel Base, Black/Silver
- Philips HD6371/94 Indoor Grill, Black
- Elite Gourmet EMG-980B Maxi-Matic 14-Inch Electric Indoor Grill, Black
- CookKing – Korean Traditional BBQ Grill Pan, Cauldron Lid Shape – Stovetop Nonstick Indoor/Outdoor Smokeless BBQ Cast Aluminum Grill Pan
- Grill Griddle,iGarden Indoor Electric Smokeless Cast-Aluminum Reversible Grill Griddle Combo- Water-Based Double-Layer Teflon Coating,1700 Watts, Non-Stick FDA Certification For Home Restaurant Party
- Smart Planet SIG‐4 Napa Valley Gourmet Premium Smokeless Stainless Steel Grill, Silver
- T-Fal Grill with Ceramic Plates & Recipe Book, Black
- T-fal GC702 OptiGrill Stainless Steel Indoor Electric Grill with Removable and Dishwasher Safe plates,1800-watt, Silver
- Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
- Zojirushi EA-DCC10 Gourmet Sizzler Electric Griddle
Two-Sided Contact Grills
Have two grilling plates hinged to open and close like a book so they can simultaneously “contact” and grill food on two opposite sides. Special channels or spouts carry excess fat off of the grill plate and into a heatproof bowl or drip tray. These grills are a great choice for super busy cooks because they grill food in half the time it takes using any other grill (electric, gas, or charcoal).
Food grilled on two-sided grills is juicy. That’s because it is pressed between two hot grilling plates leaving very little air circulation for moisture evaporation. Trapped moisture steams the food while the deep grilling ridges simultaneously create caramelized grill marks. Many models are extremely compact and store easily in a closed, upright position, making them perfect for small kitchens with limited counter or cabinet space.
Look at the: George Foreman GGR62 Double Champion Indoor/Outdoor Electrical Grill, Hamilton Beach 25325 MealMaker Express Contact Grill, Hamilton Beach 25300 Meal Maker Express Indoor Extra Large Contact Grill, George Foreman GR30CB XXL Grill , George Foreman GR10ABW Champ Grill with Bun Warmer, White, George Foreman GR10AWHT Champ Grill.
Hibachi Style Grills
Are the closest things to grilling on a traditional charcoal grill—only better. You don¹t have to mess with charcoal, there’s no smoke, low splatter, and a fairly large grilling surface. Either oblong or round, these grills have open grilling racks like a traditional charcoal grill. The openings allow air circulation for crispy grill marks and for the fat and juices to drip down from the food.
But instead of dripping onto hot coals and creating smoke, the fat drips into a shallow basin usually in the housing or base of the grill. In some models, the basin is filled with water to catch the fat and to regulate the grill’s temperature. T-Fal 7881700 Electric 2 in 1 Multi Grill BBQ & Skillet.
Other models require no water in the basin: Hamilton Beach 31625 HealthSmart Indoor Grill, George Foreman GR55 Five Star Grill, George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill, Krups 341-45 Canyon Deluxe Grill With Griddle, West Bend 6110 Heart Smart Electric Grill.
Are shallow one or two-inch deep electric fry pans with tall, evenly spaced grilling ridges. The ridges create deep channels that lift the food off of the bottom of the pan and carry excess fat and juices to a one-inch space around the outer edge. Round or rectangular, these grills come with lids so in addition to grilling, you can use them like electric fry pans to pan-fry, sauté, simmer, steam, and keep food warm.
Since these versatile grills hold liquid, you can use them to do just about any type of cooking you would normally do in an electric fry pan: pan-fry, sauté, simmer, steam, and keep food warm. Aroma AHG-1125 Health Grill.
Give you the best of two cooking techniques—grilling and steaming. The surfaces of these grills put distinct grill marks on the outside of the food while the steam that comes from liquids in the infusion cup infuses the food with moisture and flavor. They are offered in two styles.
The first is circular with a lid (George Foreman GR70WHT Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Party Size Grilling Machine) and the second is a hibachi style grill without a lid (DeLonghi BG16 Alfredo Healthy Grill).
Each of these grills has a small cup in the center that can hold liquids that you can flavor with everything from fresh garlic to hickory wood chips. As the cup heats, the liquid steams and infuses the grilled food with moisture and flavor.