We present to your attention the 11 best buffet hutch 2017.
1) Eagle Furniture Manufacturing Buffet & Hutch | 2) Home Source 50902123 Asian Hardwood Buffet | 3) Hillsdale Furniture 4321BH Buffet and Hutch | 4) Home Styles 5100-0042-42 Buffet | 5) Home Styles 5001-0042-42 Buffet | 6) Eagle Corner Dining Hutch/Buffet | 7) Home Styles 5001-0021-12 Buffet | 8) Modus Furniture 8FM273 Autumn Solid Sideboard | 9) ioHOMES Studio Buffet with Wine Holder | 10) Hutch-Style Buffet- White/ Natural | 11) Modus Furniture 7YC973 Yosemite Sideboard |
Buffet and Hutch Buying Tips:
- Consider a taller, narrower buffet if your floor space is limited
- Select a buffet and hutch in a style that complements your other kitchen furniture
- A buffet with solid doors can double as living room furniture or a home office credenza
- Check for adjustable shelves that allow storage of taller items
- A lighted hutch adds drama and highlights artwork or keepsake items
- If counter space is a priority, select a buffet and hutch with an open countertop
- Choose a model with drawers for storing flatware, candles and linens
Buffet and Hutch Features
Buffets and hutches are available in almost every imaginable style, including traditional, modern and transitional. For a farmhouse-style kitchen, consider solid wood construction with exposed grain, decorative moulding and turned feet. A streamlined design with clean lines and a glossy finish would fit well in a contemporary setting.
A buffet and hutch that blends classic architectural elements with designer-inspired profiles, materials and finishes is a good option for a transitional-themed kitchen. When shopping, the best way to coordinate all of the pieces is to purchase a matching dining set that includes table, chairs and buffet hutch.
Buffets and hutches constructed from solid hardwoods like maple, cherry and oak are typically more durable and last longer. Your heavy plates and dishes will be stored on the shelves, so make sure they’re made of sturdy materials that will support your collection.
If affordability is a priority, consider models with components such as doors made from particle board or composites. Hutches with glass sides enable you to see the contents at a glance, but solid sides offer more protection if items inside accidentally tip over.
On top of the basics (a countertop and storage), many buffet-and-hutch combos come with a range of extras. Padded drawers with dividers help protect and organize your knives, forks and spoons. Wine rack compartments showcase your favourite wine bottles, and stemware racks keep your wine and spirit glasses safe and sound.
Hutch doors can be enhanced with bevelled glass, while buffets can have shutter-style or raised panel doors. Depending on the style and quality of the buffet or hutch, the hardware fittings could be wood, metal, ceramic or plastic.
If you intend to showcase keepsakes, art objects or other distinctive items behind the glass doors of your hutch, consider choosing a model that’s pre-wired with lighting.
When the main overhead lights in your room are dimmed or turned off, hutch lighting can also help to create a romantic atmosphere and enhance the mood of intimate dining. Make sure there’s an electrical outlet close to the location you’ve chosen for your wired hutch. Typically, a switch inside the hutch controls the lights.
Buffet and Hutch Maintenance Tips:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s directions for care and maintenance
- Establish a cleaning routine for glass hutch doors and chrome trim
- Polish wood surfaces with a recommended cleaning product or damp, lint-free cloth
- Monitor the humidity in your home year-round to protect wooden furniture from warping or drying out
- Avoid overloading drawers with heavy flatware and use dividers for better weight distribution
- Protect your buffet and hutch from swinging doors by locating them away from doorways or using door stops
- Protect buffet countertops with trivets, fabric runners or padded placemats