When people think of an air mattress, what usually comes to mind is either an inflatable raft for the water or a place to sleep when camping. In truth, an air mattress is very comfortable and convenient for home use as well. With the right set up, they can feel just like a real bed.
Want this air mattress? Buy it
- Always choose a top-quality mattress. Some mattress options are flimsy or to thin and will give the support necessary for a good night’s sleep. Some modern varieties have multiple air bladders that can be inflated different amounts.
- Put the mattress on a box spring or a bedframe. While the convenience of an air mattress allows it to be placed directly on the floor, putting it on a frame or box spring will make it feel more like a real bed. With blankets on, a guest will not even know the difference.
- Use a padded topper or pad with the mattress even if it has a smooth, cloth like finish. If you use the same type of cover that you would on a regular bed, the whole thing will feel cozier and more comfortable.
- Keep the mattress inflated to the right amount. You want it to be sturdy enough so people can sit and lie down without sinking into it, but not inflated so much that it feels hard and uncomfortable.
- Appearance means a lot. If you are having guests sleep on an mattress, make it up to look like a real bed. That means using smooth sheets, warm blankets and comfortable pillows every time you offer the air mattress as an option for family and friends.